What a perfect day for sailing. Winds were from the east north east at 10 to 12 knots with sunny clear skies.
We had 8 boats out for the VSS Distance Pursuit Race, this was a 9 nm triangle counter clockwise course. This was also the first time our committee boat was used to monitor the race.
What a wonderful addition to our racing program.
On the committee boat helping with the racing procedures were, Johnathan Philllps, Ken Nolan and Norm Sooy. This was my first experience being able to monitor and view all our Venice racers from the start-finish mark and it was very exciting.
Hope to see all our Venice Racers on Halloween Oct 31st for the VSS Buoy race.
Finish times and final results:
- 1st FLASH John Lynch 3.20.01,
- 2nd FRUITION Bill Gately 3.21.10
- 3rd RAEGAN-E Rolf Hahn 3.21.53
- 4th LULU Bob Jensen 3.26.10,
- 5th IRISH WAKE Gerry & Fitz 3 35.15.
- 6th BLEW BAYOU Howard Price 3.42.05.
- 7th SEAS THE DAY Brad Vaughn 3.57.30,
- 8th SABBATICAL Neil 3.59.40.